Saturday, June 21, 2008

Animation Backgrounds Rock

When I watch a cartoon I always pay a lot of attention to the backgrounds. Snow White, Fire and Ice, even some old Tom and Jerry toons always inspire me to build worlds of my own.

Animation Backgrounds is a great blog exploring the world behind the toons. Very inspiring stuff.


  1. It's funny how little attention is paid by the viewer to the backgrounds. This was a great link. It's interesting to see these backgrounds stand on their own two feet. I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing, James.

  2. When I was a kid we used to scavenge for cans and copper and junk in dumps and on the roadside. Yeah, I's fucked up. But we were extremely poor and this was just part of the culture I grew up in. Anyway, at one of these dumps I happened upon a Disney art coffee table book. I remember being mesmerized by the backgrounds in some of those old movies.