Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Atland #229 - Inky Vs. Nodd, Pt. 4

There you go.

This was one of those rare times when I wrote WAY too much dialogue for an episode. I had Inky comparing Nodd to a rabid dog (who wouldn't let go once his jaws clamped down), I had Nodd practically daring Inky to kill him...and when all was said and done, I had to cut it down. Not just for space, but pacing. I even re-arranged those top panels three times in Photoshop from what I drew on the original (that almost never happens) AND I added the inset close-up panel of Nodd dying at the bottom becuase I felt like a beat was missing from the pace.

All in all, this episode was a pain in the ass from a construction standpoint.

So I hope it was worth it.

Next week, we rejoin Lily deep inside the lair of the Nameless One...and you male fans will be pleased...

~N