Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Atland #224 - The Last Goodbye


With this episode, the group is permanently fractured; Bruce & Barry playing defense, Lily facing her own death (and potentially eveyone else's,) and Inky dealing with Nodd and the dwarves. I don't think you'll see them together as a unit for the duration.

I think I mentioned it last week, but when I sat down to draw this one, it really hit me that I was ending over three years of comics. I got a little sentimental. I'd feel even worse if I didn't know what great things I have in store for you guys with Season 2.

As for notes: The Cave of the Hand (The Nameless One's lair) sits at the center of the Gates of Hell (You can see them in the background of panel 1.) I thought long and hard about how I could make the cave interesting and finally came up with the stone hand. I think it came out pretty well.

Anyway, next week, we move ever forward towards the end with episode 225 when someone seems to have relieved Commander Bone-Brow of the Demonbreaker...

~N

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I love the hand, and the little skulls in the water!

    ReplyDelete