Thursday, March 5, 2009

Of the Future...


After a slight hiccup in the posting schedule I’m back in the saddle. Life happens and we live it, and it’s all good folks.

So I was thinking about the long term plan for Zyn Dweomer. I have avoided saying much about it until I had a decent number of pages under my belt and some time has passed. Now that I’m getting more acclimated to the setting and the characters I feel like I can make a few statements about the future.

For one thing, you just finished reading Chapter One: Hermit to Bojo (didn't you??). I wasn’t sure if I’d define chapters or not, but I think it is best for me to do so. Having clear divisions in the story helps me gauge my progress and gives me moments to pause and change point of view or add some colorful narration. So on Wednesday we’ll begin Chapter Two: The Tomb.

One other thing I wanted to mention is that I plan to keep the format constant within major story arcs, but I may allow it to be dynamic between them. What I mean is, once I’ve brought the current story arc to a satisfactory conclusion (whatever that happens to be) I may change the comic’s format and/or posting frequency. I was toying with the idea of doing a story in strip format (basically half the size of the current pages) and updating twice a week. Also I had the idea to do a story composed of single panels, standard in size, and post every day. But we’ll wait and see what Miss Muse and her lovely entourage of scantily clad Musettes has in store for me…their whipping boy.

3 comments:

  1. You are definitely heading down a very cool path with this comic James. I hope that you don't get too bogged down with the format etc. I've done this to myself so many times that it eventually infringes on your creativity. Go with the flow my friend, as it seems you've been doing right along anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice.

    My plan is to always keep the format in chunks that are evenly divisible into the current format. In other words, if I make a one-panel-page story arc then the panels will be half the size of the current pages or 1/4 or something like that.

    But we'll see how that all pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm always getting confused and changing my mind about format. But so far so good I'd say. I feel like the strip has started with a bang and has hit the ground running. Looking forward to what's next!

    ReplyDelete