Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Atland #214 - Giant Terror Fleas

Looks like this is the last "gag episode" of Season 1, folks. Enjoy it. I think from here on out things are going to get heavy.

I'm really happy with how the coloring on the night sky came out. Finally, 3 years later, I figured out the best way to do it.

The script for panel 1 read something like: "Night. Our heroes fly over Naen on their terror bats" Pretty bland. When I sit down to actually draw these set-up shots I just kind of let my imagination run wild. Started doodling those rock outcrops that look like skulls and formed a little story in my head about the native peoples chiseling them. Those moments of creativity make me happy. There are some days when try as I might, nothing I draw comes out as well as I'd like it to.

Next week is Christmas! Whicih means there will be NO NEW ATLAND. But in TWO weeks, you get your first look at the infamous land of Nilfang as we rejoin the Dwarven forces...

~N

4 comments:

  1. The sky is definitely very good. Nice job.

    I love the skulls. You're tapping into that pure fantasy region of the brain where art wizards get their mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomely rendered evening sky Mr. Piekos. I am so stealing this one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the sky does work really well. No more gags, though? I think you have to end on one...

    ReplyDelete