Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Seven Days of Zyn Dweomer: Seven




Bam! Seven days, seven pages.

Zyn Dweomer is now live. The site is WordPress-based with the ComicPress theme. So basically, it works like a regular blog. Right now it is still very rough and mostly out-of-the-box, so I'll need some time to tweak it. But the posting works fine and I'm more concerned with keeping the schedule than anything else.

Out of the gate I'm going for a Monday and Friday update schedule. Based on how long it took to do the first seven pages I think I can knock out two pages a week, even with my regular working schedule and family stuff. We'll see how that pans out. Eventually I might drop it down to one page per week.

Anyway, it's live and the comic is going strong. I'm having a great deal of fun with it. Being off work and focusing on doing pages really reminds me that the old saying "strike while the iron is hot" is very, very true.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Just got caught up on it all. It's great so far. I wasn't sure how I was going to like the anthropomorph thing, but I think it's working well. So are you planning on keeping it "all-age appropriate"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not going for a Disney-level feel or anything but I'm keeping it out of the full-on "R" range. PG-13 would be the best way to describe the zone I'm shooting for. I won't shy away from cursing at all and if it makes sense to have some minor nudity it'll happen too. And there will be blood.

    Mostly I'm just jonesing to crank out some good storytelling. We'll see how it works out.

    ReplyDelete