Wednesday, June 18, 2008




This is a new cover image I just finished for my reduxed version of Pewfell Volume 1, issue 1. I've re-organized a bunch of my earlier material and re-introduced some of my earliest strips to the official cannon. Adam & I have written some new stories to round the whole thing out, and my next task is to finish drawing those.

I've been wanting to do this for a while as I never felt the beginning was as strong as the rest of the strip. These days I have a very clear idea of whet the strip is and what it's about. When I first started I was just making it up as I went along and as a result the initial material was wildly uneven, much of it just not up to par, or else off on a tangent. Now I think it's going to work much better as a hook for the rest of the series, and be more on a level with the later material in terms of quality.

Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome cover!

    I remember the first time I encountered your work and I thought to myself "Man...I love how this guy draws stuff!" Especially your more lush background images. The way you do the city and the houses and stuff...reminds of the magic I felt when I discovered fantasy as a wee lad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great...now do I have to buy all the books over again or should I just wait for the Pewfell Omnibus!? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, Chuck!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this illustration. Fan-freakin-tastic!!

    ReplyDelete