Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Atland #255 - Welcoming Committee

The story behind this episode is that I was too sick to finish it myself. A couple of weeks ago I got food poisoned at a little coffee shop. Apparently their creamer was...shall we say...less than fresh. I spent the next few days in abdominal agony. There was just no way I was going to be able to color this episode with everything else on my plate (if you'll excuse the joke)...so I called in the amazing Jason Embury. Long time web-buddy and colorist extraordinaire. I had already hired Jason to color some episodes of ATLAND Season 2 for me, so it was only natural that I enlist his help for this episode.

I think Jason did a fantastic job. Wait til you see what he's done for Season 2. Knocked it out of the park!

Check out Jason's work here: http://www.jasonembury.net/

As far as this scene goes -- I never intended to make so much use of the Nameless One's avatars, but they presented a wonderful way for small mortals to interact with the enormous demon. In fact, I re-wrote and added an extra episode coming up because I had a great idea for these rotten little skeletons.

Next week, we bid a fond farewell to Sissyl...