Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Going's On

Hey Wizards,

I've been pretty busy lately working on some projects and spreading the Indy comic love through Ka-Blam. It also seems that my busy schedule has no let up in sight which is a good thing.

So here's what's going on.

Besides my gig with Ka-Blam, I'm working on three comic projects at the moment. One is in the beginning stages and is a sci-fi/espionage epic written by Thomas Hall, the creator of the critically acclaimed Indy series' Robot 13 and King from Blacklist Studios. This should surprise anyone who's followed my work as Thomas has given me a unique and different path to explore with my art. I'm pretty excited by all of it.

The second project is one that has been in the works for a few years. It's a story written by my longtime friend and Ka-Blam cohort, Jenni Gregory of Dreamwalker, Abbie's Menagerie fame called "Becky's Alien". It's something of a sci/fi story but very character driven. Jenni's way with character development is one of her strongest assets as a writer. Just check out her work on Dreamwalker. We're hoping to premiere this one at Megacon 2011 in Orlando next month.

The third project is one that has been more of a personal project; something I do when I need to relax or have a few spare minutes in the day. It's all the cool stuff I love to doodle and write about. Expect a plethora of aliens, ugly humans, boobs, flying cars, political/religious mysteries, lots of trash and dirty sidewalks. I'm not sure where I'm going with this one. I may just release it as a graphic novel whenever I get to the finish line. I hadn't realized how many pages I had done for this until recently so I figured I could probably mention it as I'm sure I'll see it through to the end now. Page on the right there is a random page from this project. Still needs color.

That's it!
Sharing is caring, no?
Play Nice.
Tony