Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lead Play and Seth.

This is just a little "lead-play" where I'm bored and uninspired but my hand feels the need to sling some lead. I think the lazy atmosphere of the page reflected my state of mind at the time. Yeah, I know, that's some interesting insight. :)

Here's a little plug for an artist I've greatly admired for some time...Seth Fisher. if you're a fan of Moebius or the eye candy of Geoff Darrow, you'll dig Seth's work. Seth haunted the pages of heavy Metal Magazine off and on and then got some major mojo going when Vertigo bit on his project with Andrew Dabb called "Happydale: Devils in the Desert". Seth's career began to skyrocket with his Green Lantern story, "Willworld" and soon followed up with "The Flash: Time Flies", "Tokyo Pop" and "Batman: Snow".

This blog is an excellent place to eyeball some of Seth's original art.

Sadly, Seth is no longer with us but, I like to take a few moments from time to time to remind people about his inspiring work.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic page, AP! That tree kicks my ass.

    Excellent lead-in. Next page:

    The barmaid hears the door creak as she lazily cleans a mug. A man in traveling garb walks in, pulling off a pair of gloves and looking around as if to size the place up. He takes a seat and the barmaid brings him a mug of the local brew.

    She asks if he's staying the night and he says no, he's just waiting for a friend. He says his friend might be interested in a bite before they hit the road. He downs his grog, she watches him out of the corner of her eyes.

    Then there is a "BAMPF" sound, some smoke. A demon is standing in the center of the room. It eats the barmaid.

    "What kept you?" asks the man.

    Thanks for the ink to Seth's page. I had seen his work before but it's been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sick and twisted Mr. West. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this may be my most favorite page I've ever seen from you. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Ye' Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, James' digression there makes me wonder of we should do a Jam comic? One page each to make a 5 page story?

    ReplyDelete