Monday, May 19, 2008

new prints for sdcc


The Snow Battle (13x19)
I worked this one up as I sat talking to my son about dinos- I just thought to myself would a triceratops be able to hold off a snow dragon. As the image progressed so did the rider and and armor on the dino. Giving way to a young man on a quest.... what the quest is for the viewer to decide.

Sitting with the ancients (18x24)
When I look towards mountains and rocks I was see things within in them. Faces, shapes, images etc.... inspiring me to put those same elements into my own work. Not everyone sees all the faces or other things i choose to hide within my pics.

Both these and several more will debut at SDCC this year - there will 2 new 18x24 pics and several smaller ones as well.

So Come join the adventure.
trav

6 comments:

  1. 2 more excellent pics. 'Sitting with the ancients' is a classic, one of your very best as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, I love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blown away, Travis. I had a Larry Elmore moment. I was 14 again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting is an A+ in my book, but Snow Battle's composition isn't working as well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys- i know nate i struggled with the last one- There is one thing i would change and I might do it before i send it to press though:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...If Snow had some distance between the tomb and the white dragon, putting both the tomb and the dino on the right side, leaning to the middle, and putting the dragon on the far left that might add some dynamics to the comp.

    Love the little cloud of steam coming out of that grate.

    ReplyDelete