Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I've been going through a pile of discs to make room for probably more crap. I keep stumbling upon little ditties like this one and wonder to myself, "why?" I don't remember the origins of this piece but, I must've been trying to channel Frazetta. Apologies to the master. :)

The character is a little barbarian dude that tends to spill out of my pen quite often but usually while talking on the phone or just scribbling. You never know, he may have a future somewhere down the road. Elf `n Troll were basically phone scribbles for many years.

I have to admit though, I really dig the background.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet. I love it. When I was in 2-D design in college I did a guache black and white version of Frazetta's "Death Dealer". If I can find it I'll scan and post so you can see what kind of student artist I was in 1992.

    Nice work, dude. We should all dig out old/forgotten/lost art and post the hell out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ask -- is that a portrait your inner child, or one of your actual children?!

    ReplyDelete