Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Atland #215 - The Trail is Marked


Figured I'd update a little early since you guys have been so patient for 2 weeks.

I had a ball drawing this one. I love drawing snow, and I like having the opportunity to do episodes that don't feature our main cast.

I hope you like the female dwarven Captain. In the script all I wrote was "dwarven captain" but when I sat down to draw I started playing with the idea (I drew her close up before her full body shot in panel 1) and first made her a woman. Then I shaved her head. Then I added the scar and eye patch. You'll be seeing her again.

In Season 2 news:
- I've finalized concept design for two new, important characters that I can't wait to show you.
- During the break between seasons 1 and 2, I'm going to do weekly previews of new concept art for the people/places/things which will be important in the new season. I'll put up a new set every Weds. night/Thursday, just like the regular update. That's the good news. The bad news is I'm witholding all new concepts until then. :)

Next week, our heroes arrive in Nilfang and survival becomes an immidiate problem...

~N

2 comments:

  1. Wicked. I love snow scenes. And it's cool to see new characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. I love drawing snow scenes too. Sometime we should have a Wizards of Ur snow day.

    ReplyDelete