Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Still Here!

It seems like forever since I posted anything here other than a little bit of hype. It’s been a very busy few months for me. But, life has a way of getting in the way of ambitions and complacency. I’ve recently become a victim of these crazy economic times. My company decided to reserve me a place in the unemployment line. I’ve learned that I am now also a member of the mature workforce club. That pissed me off more than the lay-off. The employment gods now consider a mature worker to be 40 and over. Seriously?! Sadly, this played a big part in my company’s decision to kick me to the curb. That’s sad. Unfortunately, there are no jobs out there to be had and even if the economy rights itself at some point, I’ll be competing against a mass of “young –whipper-snappers” for those few empty seats. My rose-colored glasses are stained. Oh well. Shit happens I guess. As a related side note; if I hear one more person tell me, “Shit happens for a reason”, I’m going to kick them in the head. I’ll be chewing on the bitter pill for a bit but, I’ll get over it.

So with the unexpected time I now have on my hands, I’m going to be using it to make some comics. I have two big projects on my plate which I’m looking forward to jumping into and I’m also working on a new webcomic which I hope to unleash on the world. Given the state of comics and Diamond’s recent news, I think webcomics will be entering into a new age of validity.

Thanks for allowing me to whine a bit. I’ll try to post more here.

Play Nice.
Tony

3 comments:

  1. Lord Cthulu is watching over you. You will rise to meet His needs in due time, my child of woes.

    I wonder if anyone will ever rise to the challenge of breaking Diamond's silly monopoly on comics distribution? I know that Slave Labor has some kind of thing they're working on to sop up some of the smaller publishers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka-Blam is also working on something very cool along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit does happen for a reason - in this case, the reason is that we want to see more comics from you (ha, I can talk!)...

    ReplyDelete