Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Atland #216 - Revenge Follows the Wicked


You knew this was coming... but, lordy, I love drawing Nodd when he's being evil. I practically chuckle like a psychotic killer while hunched over the drafting board (it helps).

The whole "grandma let me out of the bag" thing is an old inside joke from when I was in high school. (I may have even used it elsewhere in ATLAND...) Some friends and I used to write serialized comedies (one would leave a cliffhanger and the other would continue) just to make each other laugh. This line stems from those. And that's all the explanation you'll get out of me.

You may have already read, but I screwed up the pagination of ATLAND book 8. If not, go see what happened. Luckily, we're still on schedule.

if anyone cares (and I'd be shocked if you finished the whole thing without falling asleep), I finished a new article about the grammar and tradition of comic book lettering: http://www.blambot.com/grammar.shtml

Next week...our heroes are divided...is Inky missing...or is he a traitor?

~N

5 comments:

  1. that's the funniest gag i've heard - the grandma bag joke- i love where it let's your mind go on what kind of sick childhood barry must have had

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the funniest gag i've heard - the grandma bag joke- i love where it let's your mind go on what kind of sick childhood barry must have had

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the lettering article at Balmbot you did. Nice work, Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see that you're still getting plenty of good laffs in there, I was worried when you said there wouldn't be any more 'gag' epsiodes in season 1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm digging the snow scenes. I'm a sucker for those. Also nice to see Nodd again. What a bastard.

    ReplyDelete