Thursday, January 15, 2009

IMPH


A few years back I had an internet-type, back and forth with a great writer and nice guy, Stephen St. Laurent. He was the writer on a great little comic called IMPH along with artist extraordinaire Pepijn Berghout. IMPH was a fantastic series of shorts featuring a robot and a strange apocalyptic world. A few of the IMPH stories were published in Heavy Metal Magazine. I had always hoped that these IMPH stories would be collected but, alas, nothing so far. I’m happy that the website is still up and I encourage anyone who digs the Wizards of Ur to check this out. Great stuff. The few links that aren’t active are shorts that were published in Heavy Metal Magazine. Awesome stuff.

Stephen, if you’re out there, give me a shout.

4 comments:

  1. hey that's a buddy of mine and fellow outcast:) his work is outstanding and worth a gander

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trav', I had forgotten about the whole Outcast thing. As a matter of fact, I think it was Stephen who may have introduced me to your own work, way back in the day. I'm going senile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, those are great -- I hadn't seen them before so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stuff. Definitely solid in the Heavy Metal apocalyptic world vein.

    ReplyDelete