Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Atland #236 - Whoa

I've really warmed up to Captain Scar. In the episode where she first appeared, the script I wrote had absolutely no details about her. In fact I didn't even specify that she was a woman. It just said somehting like, "General Bron is approached by a dwarven captain." I remember I was pressed for time that week and couldn't take the extra steps to sit down and do ANY concept design for this "dwarven captain" so I literally designed her right on the page. I just started drawing a dwarven woman on a whim. My rough sketches never have hair until I tighten up the art before inking and she looked so cool without hair, I left her that way.

I had NO IDEA she would end up playing such a big part in the story. I figured she show up in 1 or 2 episodes and then I show her fighting in the potatoman battle and maybe she'd show up dead on the battlefield at some point. But she's growing into an important plot mover. Even more important than you guys know about yet. :)

Coming up...Captain Scar stands between Inky, and the lair of the Nameless One.

And after that...strap on your chainmail, kids. It's time for battle royale.

Also, I have an idea for a new contest dealing with Atland Season 2. More on that as I figure it out.