Friday, June 5, 2009

Dreaming of Moebius

I've been feeling a bit under the weather this past week and haven't really applied myself to anything creative other than trying to get some sleep which has been hard to come by. Last night I managed to partake in some serious REMs, thank the gods. Now, when I dream it's never anything spectacular or cool. I don't know why. I never dream of flying or nailing Kate Beckinsale. Usually my dreams, and I kid you not, are pretty foreboding. They usually involve an imposing dark city street or a dimly lit parking garage. There always seems to be some element of danger. most of the time I'm searching for a friend who may be in trouble and there's usually dogs of some sort. The mutts attack me but never hurt me. I have these dreams quite a bit. Last night, that all changed. I'm sharing because it excited me and maybe it's relevant to being uncreative all week or something...I don't know.

I'm walking through a wooded area at night. The moon is out lighting up the woods in a nice way. I'm very content. I see a man, with his back to me sitting on a rock with a sketchboard, drawing. He's staring out into a valley. I'm wondering how he could be drawing in the dark. As I get closer, I see that his face is lit up and his drawing board is glowing. It reminded me a bit of drawing in the dark with a lighttable. As I look over his shoulder he smiles and moves his hands to let me see. I see that on his drawing board there is a female figure and it's almost like a hologram. The man smiles again at me and says something in a different language. Sadly...I wake up.

The drawing and the man was no doubt Jean "Moebius" Giraud, one of my biggest inspirations as a creator. I never have dreams like this. it was very cool. Usually I brush aside my little "night movies" after a few minutes but the imagery in this one has me smiling all day. I did attempt to go back to sleep in hopes of continuing the dream. I had so many questions to ask but, it wasn't meant to be.

Any dream interpreters want to take a stab at that?

Play Nice.
Tony