Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Atland #248 - Bron


Part 2 of 3 of the "Death of Bruce" scene. It also happens to be the "Death of Bron" scene. Hope you enjoy the spilling entrails.

Last week, we talked about the mistake that Bruce made. This week, we see the mistake that Bron made...he handed a dying man a weapon and disarmed himself in the process. This is a problem I've always had with spears in combat: It's a once use weapon if you throw it. Bron didn't throw it, but he should never have left it in Bruce. All spearmen should carry a secondary weapon.

In other news, I am burning the candle at both ends these past couple of weeks. Not only drawing the weekly episodes, but I've started really drawing the concept art for Season 2...AND I'm revising the ATLAND website to make the layout wider. Easier to read & navigate. It's not a redesign...I'm taking the original layout and increasing its size. (Hell, I think the job that Freddy Lopez did on all that dwarven brickwork is too awesome to get rid of...)

Next week, the finale of the 3-parter. Barry and Inky return to their fallen friend. Get your hankies ready.