Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Atland #221 - Foul Play



See what happens when you take your eyes off Inky for a minute? --Gone! (He was a spy and a thief, after all.)

This episode was SUPPOSED to be the example for my new video tutorial on coloring. But of course, as soon as I finished recording and tried to save the movie file, the program hiccuped and closed out without saving. So, I'm waiting for another good example to come up so I can try again.

While coloring, I also noticed that I totally screwed up Bron's size as compared to Nodd. Bron should be bigger than that. Oh well. Pretend you didn't notice.

In other news, I'm working on the font that will be used for titles/credits (and probably the website) for Atland Season 2!

Next week...the dwarves' DEMONBREAKER!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, when I saw Bron holding Nodd up against the tree I thought he looked kinda scrawny. But I didn't notice...

    Sucks about the movie file not saving. Makes you want to punch a pixel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quit without Saving?! I hate it when that happens -- your computer is lucky that you didn't make its liver make a surprise appearance!

    I just thought that the Bron size thing was a perspective thing. I like how the first panel is laid out, with Inky's little URF drawing the reader down to the bottom, setting up the pay off at the end of the episode.

    I also enjoyed the sound effects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so did he break his neck? the snap sounds like it.....

    i liked the ape general- he is actually a fav of mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. so did he break his neck? the snap sounds like it.....

    i liked the ape general- he is actually a fav of mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. snap = breaking rope around spear ... you know, like Inky escaping...

    ~N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone else was confused by the "Snap" so I changed the dialogue in panel 6.

    ~N

    ReplyDelete