Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This week's Pewfell


  1. You're gonna think I'm a dork, but I HATE "alright" -- it's not a word. "already" is a word. "All right" is 2 words.

    Anyone who writes anything needs to read THE ELEMENTS OF STYLE By Strunk. It's the best $8 you'll spend to learn proper grammar. It's boring to read...but it's short and the best guide ever written for writers on this subject.

    Otherwise. I love the zombies.

  2. It's the letterer in me that spends all day correcting other people's grammar. I drink heavily to get through the day.

  3. I've never drawn a zombie comic. I now make a mental note...put zombie in next `Tween him Chuck. Done.

  4. Alrighty, then!


    Actually, I'm bad for pointing out spelling and grammar errors myself. But when it comes to dialog I'm not that picky. I figure some bad grammar reflects on the character's style. I'm from Kentucky and we say "them" instead of "those" quite often. "Did you kill them zombies?"


    I think I have a copy of that book somewhere, Nate. As I recall, you're absolutely correct. It's a must-have. I probably would have benefited from cracking it open back in college.