Friday, April 4, 2008

Raiders of the Lost Pencil

I do this on a daily basis...

I'm at the drafting board, drawing, and I get up to answer the phone or check e-mail or whatever, and I take my pencil with me. I end up putting it down somewhere else in the room without realizing it. Then I go back to the drawing board and grab another pencil out of the tray next to me. Then I get up again... and repeat. And repeat. Eventually all my tech pencils are spread throughout the room (and occaisionally in other rooms) and I finally have to go on a "pencil hunt" with a backpack full of dry rations, a pith helmet and a pencil-sniffing bloodhound.

I suspect I'm not the only person to do this. ::hopes::

~N

4 comments:

  1. Not me, Nate.
    Would anyone else like to make Nate feel slightly quirky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm married to one pencil (picture Spongebob Squarepants and his beloved spatula) I do not leave it lying around.

    Nate is just one strange mutha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out this one from the wayback machine:

    http://www.webcomicsnation.com/memberimages/20010824.gif

    Never happens to me of course :)

    ReplyDelete