Saturday, April 5, 2008

Welcome, Mr. Hanson.

I’d like to welcome a new member to the Wizards of Ur. Ladies and gentleman, ale wenches and drunkards….I give you Mr. Travis Hanson. (Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.) Ok, ok, settle down.

I’ve been a big fan of Travis’ work for a few years now and I’m thrilled to have him join our merry band of mirth-makers here. Did I just sound like Stan Lee all of a sudden? Anyway, I could go on all day trying to explain why you should be checking out Travis’s work but, one look is all it takes.

Whenever I see a piece from Travis, I’m automatically pulled into his world. That’s not an easy task and it’s something you can’t teach. I’d try to explain it but, I’d wind up sounding like some hippie-mystic making my way through a dime bag. (No offense, Chuck). Most of the artists that I admire have that innate ability to create and suck you in. Much like my fellow wizards of wonder here, James, Nate and Chuck…Travis has that innate ability in spades.

I encourage you to check out the links to your right and go explore Travis’s world.

PS. The eye-candy on the right is one of my faves from Book One of Travis’s prose series, “Tales from the Broken Moon”, which he does with the incomparable, Aimee Duncan.

Play Nice.

3 comments:

  1. I already said nice things about Travis a few posts back, so I've exceeded my quota of non-grumpiness for the week.

    Ok, damn it. Travis, you rock. See what you made me do there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, with Travis on board the Wizards or Ur are truly a force to be reckoned with!

    ReplyDelete